Sleeplessness, staying awake during the night, having a light sleep etc. are signs of insomnia! Factors like stress, improper sleeping patterns, consuming more caffeine, anxiety etc. can add on to your insomnia. There are medicines available that help promote sleep but are highly addictive and can cause other health issues as well. Before you go see a doctor and get yourself prescribed with sleeping pills, try the Ayurveda way of promoting restful sleep- Turmeric Sleep Tea-
- Turmeric has soothing and healing properties. It helps promote sleep and also detox the body while you have a restful sleep. Turmeric lowers your blood sugar levels and boost your immune system; helps you sleep faster, better and wake up fully refreshed and active.
- Camomile tea is a well-known sleep inducer which makes it a great ingredient in this recipe! Helps decrease anxiety, soothe your senses and reduce stress that helps promote deep and restful sleep. Also helps you relax and lower blood sugar levels.
- Almond milk is high in magnesium which is great for inducing sleep. Drinking almond milk before bedtime can soothe the senses, reduce stress and anxiety and give you a deep and restful undisturbed sleep so you wake up energized and fresh.
- Coconut oil helps prevent blood sugar from spiking and also help regulate sleep hormones which makes it a great ingredient to regulate your sleeping patterns. n the side note, it also keeps you and your kids full until morning so you do not wake u hungry.
- Honey promotes relaxation, reduces stress and helps you calm down so you get a restful sleep.
RECIPE FOR TURMERIC SLEEP TEA:
Things you need-
- 1 cup camomile tea
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil ( optional)
- 1 cup almond milk ( opitonal)
In a saucepan, add water, camomile tea and turmeric powder and let it simmer. Turn off the flame and strain the tea.Add the tea to a blender and add in coconut oil, almond milk and honey. You want everything to emulsify along with coconut oil which is why blending is the best option. Pour into serving cup and sip slowly before bedtime. Have this 30 minutes before you hit the bed. READ MORE – HEALTHY MORNING DRINK- GINGER SKIN CLEARING TEA