While you are enjoying your weekends, don’t forget to enjoy the mango season with the all new health mango jam preserve. Who doesn’t’ love jam along with bread for breakfast? Therefore, we have come up with a recipe, which will make your mango season memorable. We are presenting you a recipe, which not only solves your problem for the breakfast combination, but also gives you immense health benefit, which other jams with preservative’s can never give.
To make your healthy mango jam, you would require only 3 ingredients.
- 2 Large mangoes or mango puree – 2 cups
- Coconut sugar- 1/2 cup
- Lime juice- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon
Please note: Since mango is the main ingredient, so keep in mind the following while choosing a mango for this recipe.
- Pick a ripe mango and make sure it is not raw or hard.
- Make sure the mango is not over-ripe as we don’t want to compromise the hardness of the jam.
- Wash and peel off the skin of the mango. Chop them in small cubes and then blend the mango to a smooth creamy consistency. If you want the jam to be chunky then do not puree the mango, just cut the mango into small cubes.
- Add the pureed mango into a non stick pan. Pour 1/2 cup of coconut sugar in the pan and mix it well until the sugar has spread over all the mango puree.
- Add the lemon juice over the above mixture.
- Cook on a low flame and stir the mixture continuously. Continue cooking until the mixture thickens.
- Now reduce the heat further and cook until the jam is set. If the jam is still running cook it a bit more. Stir the mixture properly and make sure not to burn the jam.
Your yummy healthy mango jam is ready !!
Put the jam in an air tight container and store it in the fridge so that it can last longer.