Exfoliation is an important step in skin care routine and we all know how important it is to get rid of dead skin cells and clogging dirt from time to time. We all exfoliate our skin but do we exfoliate our scalp as frequently or at all? It is important to exfoliate the scalp just as we do to our skin to get rid of dirt and dead skin cells clogging hair follicles thereby promoting hair growth. Below is how you could make your own scalp scrub:
Coconut oil or olive oil- helps clean the scalp, moisturize it, prevent scalp drying and also nourish the follicles for optimum hair growth.
Baking soda- Baking soda is an excellent natural exfoliator that rids your scalp off dead skin cells, product build up and clogged follicles.
Rosemary essential oil- Rosemary essential oil has hair growth stimulating properties. Due to exfoliation, it effectively and easily penetrates the follicles and nourishes follicles.
Things you need-
- Enough coconut oil/olive oil
- ½ cup baking soda
- 10 drops rosemary essential oil
In a mixing bowl, add coconut oil or olive oil followed by baking soda.Mix it well until you get a spreadable and thick mixture. Add in rosemary essential oil and mix again. Your scalp scrub is ready!
To use, take some amount on your fingers and scrub it gently on damp scalp before hair washing. READ MORE – OVERNIGHT RICE WATER FASTER HAIR GROWTH SPRAY
- Always patch test before use
- If you are pregnant, always consult your doctor before incorporating any essential oils in your health/skin care/hair care routine.
- Never use essential oils directly on your skin, make sure they are always diluted with carrier oil.
- Always use organic ingredients to avoid clogging pores and other skin issues.