Dense and thick eyebrows make your eyes appear beautiful, expressive and appealing but not all are blessed with healthy and full brows. Although there are many products that claim to give you desired results I wouldn’t suggest you using them because they can be harmful to your delicate eyes area to chemicals. There are some natural ingredients that actually work when used religiously. Below is a recipe for DIY eyebrow growth serum along with its benefits:
Castor oil and Coconut oil conditions the lashes and make them soft and shiny. It also helps to treat dryness and dandruff/skin flakiness due to microscopic ticks or mites that live there. Castor oil has hair growth promoting properties that make brows thicker and dense.
This serum strengthens hair follicles and prevents hair fall out especially if you use a lot of eyebrow pencils or brow mascaras.
The eyebrow growth serum conditions the lashes reduces their shedding and promotes hair growth so you have a dense growth and fuller looking lashes over time. READ MORE – ACNE FIGHTING GEL FOR CLEAR SKIN
Things you need:
- 2 tablespoons of pure black castor oil
- 1 tablespoons of organic coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel
- 2 drops of pure essential oil – lavender or rosemary. (optional)
Method: Firstly, grab a bowl and add coconut oil followed by castor oil; add in the aloe vera gel and essential oil. Mix everything well. Pour the mixture into an old mascara tube if you have or store it in a jar that has a lid. Fill a small container or an old, clean mascara container. Use a clean mascara brush (you can also get q-tips, mascara wands or eyebrow brushes that you get separately) to gently apply a thin coat of the serum on the eyebrows before going to bed to condition the lashes that will make them grow longer and stronger.
You can also add in drops of rosemary or lavender essential oil that helps to regrow hair and also stimulate new hair growth. Check if you’re allergic to any of the essential oils before using it.
- Be careful not to get the essential oil inside your eyes.
- Use a soft toothbrush and brush through your eyebrows to exfoliate and stimulate growth while you bath.
- Massage the eyebrows with natural oils like castor oil or olive oil for few mins twice a week using your fingertips which will not only enhance growth but strengthen the hair.
Caution – patch test before use.