Oil pulling method is getting popular day-by-day thanks to its amazing benefits that it has to offer. This is the oldest Ayurvedic method which is known to maintain oral health and also keep your skin clear.
What is oil pulling?
This method is known as oil pulling method because it “pulls out” bacterial, viruses and fungi (microbes) from your mouth. It is a safe and gentle way to rid your mouth of harmful toxins and bacteria. Below is how you could do it along with its benefits-
What are the benefits of oil pulling?
- Detoxifies the body and can reduce the appearance of rashes, blemishes and acne.
- It also improves many diseases like asthma, headaches, migraine, inflammation, etc.
- Oil pulling is a very effective technique for teeth whitening and fighting oral problems.
- It keeps your gums tighter, makes teeth stronger, removes any stain and thoroughly cleans even the nick and corners of the teeth and mouth.
- Also helps prevent and heal cavities, gum inflammation, toothache etc.
- Oil pulling eliminates much of the bad bacteria and keeps the good bacteria in balanced way as a result of which your body stays healthy and ultimately keeps skin and health problems at bay. READ MORE – Apply Ghee On Belly Button for soft, glowing skin
HOW TO DO OIL PULLING- STEPWISE INSTRUCTIONS:
- You can choose your favorite oil, go with either sesame oil or coconut oil. Sesame oil is, however, better than coconut oil since it is thicker in consistency. Alternatively, you can also add some peppermint oil to this oil base and freeze it into ice cubes and use 1 tablet as a time. Makes the process easier.
- Swish the oil all around the mouth reaching every corner of it rigorously. Do this as son as you wake up before brushing. Gently swish the oil in your mouth for 20 minutes. After few minutes, the oil in your mouth will feel very dense at first but start getting watery as it will get diluted with your saliva.
- It may feel difficult and painful initially but as you do it regularly, you kind of get used to it.
- Now spit it out into a trash can and not in the basin.
- Brush as usual. Follow this routine everyday.