Everyone these days is either trying to lower their dairy consumption or trying to go vegan altogether! Whether you want to go vegan, avoid dairy for specific diet purposes, are lactose tolerant or simply want to explore plant-milk options, you are on the right page! Oat milk is one of the easiest milk alternate to prepare and it hardly takes a few minutes! Also, it is really beneficial to the body! Below is oat milk recipe along with its benefits-
BENEFITS & USES OF OAT MILK :
- Oat milk is very nutritious and a good source of both carbs and fiber. Major part of carbs is fiber which makes it a great ingredient for constipation and stomach issues. Also contains high amount of manganese, phosphorous, magnesium, iron, copper etc.
- Oat milk has soothing and anti-inflammatory properties so if you have stomach issues or inflammation in the intestines, oat milk can soothe it and provide relief.
- Oat milk also is a rich source of protein which makes it a great ingredient for protein rich diets.
- Regular consumption of oat milk reduces the risk of heart diseases by lowering bad cholesterol and protecting LDL cholesterol from oxidation.
- It is Vegan, as Well as Lactose free, soy free and Nut-Free
- Oat milk is very fulfilling and keeps you from snacking in-between meals. This helps you lose weight.
- Great milk alternative for those who are lactose intolerant.
READ MORE – TURMERIC & BUTTERMILK TO GET RID OF DARK CIRCLES
Things you need-
- 1 cup oats
- 2 cups water
- 2 pittted dates (optional)
In a blender, add 1 cup rolled oats. Add in water. Now, start blending until everything seems to be well-combined. You can definitely add in more water if required.Strain the milk using nut milk cloth or muslin cloth. You can add in few drops vanilla essence or dates while blending if you want t use this in sweet recipes/drinks. To drink it as it is, add in few drops stevia and pinch cinnamon and enjoy! READ MORE – CINNAMON MILK for weight loss and sleep.