If you regularly shave (face or body), you are probably used to the burning sensation and/or nicks and cuts. Also, commercial shaving creams do not provide nourishment and moisturization. How about making your own nourishing and moisturizing shaving cream that is all natural and can completely eliminate the possibility of getting cuts while shaving? Here we are with an easy and effective shaving cream recipe:
Coconut oil- Coconut oil keeps your skin soft and prevents dryness or flaky skin which is a common phenomenon after shaving. It also reduces friction facilitating smooth and clean shave. Coconut oil is also a great skin moisturizer and nourisher.
Olive oil- Olive oil, just like coconut oil provides intense nourishment and moisturization and facilitates smooth and clean shave.
Rosemary essential oil- Rosemary essential oil is a great skin nourisher and some good skin benefits.
RECIPE FOR NOURISHING SHAVING CREAM:
Things you need-
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 5-6 drops rosemary essential oil
In a mixing bowl, add coconut oil followed by olive oil. Make sure that both the oils are liquid.
Add in rosemary essential oil and mix well.
Freeze the mixture and whip. Use it as a regular shaving cream.
- Always patch test before use
- If you are pregnant, always consult your doctor before incorporating any essential oils in your health/skin care/hair care routine.
- Never use essential oils directly on your skin, make sure they are always diluted with carrier oil.
- Always use organic ingredients to avoid clogging pores and other skin issues.