Amla or Indian Gooseberry is popularly used for hair care and is also found in a number of hair care products as a dominant ingredient. Amla oil is an excellent hair care and skin care product and can help boost hair growth and keep skin clean and clear. Looking out for a natural homemade amla oil recipe? Below are 2 ways to make-
BENEFITS OF AMLA OIL
- Massaging the scalp with amla oil increases the blood circulation resulting in faster hair growth. Apart from that amla oil helps in opening up the pores thus allowing the scalp to produce natural oils.
- Amla oil is a great to nourish your tresses. It adds colour as well as texture to the hair and at the same time nourishes it well too. You can add amla powder in your usual hair mask or apply amla oil regularly before bath.
- Amla oil is known to be effective for hair loss treatment
- To prevent premature graying of hair
- Scalp related issues
- To promote hair growth
- Removes unwanted flakes of the scalp
READ MORE – HEALTHY MORNING DRINK- GINGER SKIN CLEARING TEA
HOW TO MAKE AMLA OIL
INFUSION METHOD: You need handful dried amla sliced and 1 cup oil base (coconut oil, almond oil or olive oil). Add per-warmed oil in an air-tight jar and add in dried amla slices that are finely chopped. Stir and secure the jar with an air-tight lid. Keep the jar in direct sunlight throughout the day and let it infuse near the window for 1 month. Strain and your oil is ready.
COOKING METHOD: Separate fresh amla pulp and blend it to a smooth paste. In a saucepan, add oil (coconut or olive oil) and amla pulp and cook until the amla residue is dark. Strain and your amla oil is ready! Store it in an air-tight jar.
Here are some awesome ways to use amla oil on hair –
- Amla oil can be applied after washing the hair with shampoo. This acts as an excellent conditioner for hair. All you need to do is massage amla oil into the scalp and leave it on for 15 minutes and then wash it off with warm water.
- To cure dandruff, you can massage amla oil into the scalp, cover it with a shower cap and leave it overnight.
- You can mix amla oil with essential oils and use it on your hair for better benefits too.