Ghee also called as ‘Clarified Butter’ is used widely in India for both consumption and beauty purposes! Not only is clarified butter or ghee great for health but also is amazing when it comes to skin care and hair care! Ghee that you get in the market is often not pure or is expensive. Why purchase when you can make your own organic and pure ghee at the comfort of your home? It might be a little lengthy process but it definitely is worth it and certainly not as expensive as the market ghee! Below is the recipe for ghee along with its benefits and uses-
- Ghee is rich in essential fatty acids that is beneficial for your overall health
- Ghee causes fat gain is a myth, it in fact helps you lose weight by catalyzing fat burning provided you are on a healthy low-carb natural diet!
- Ghee is a natural moisturizer that is said to heal dry, patchy skin and make it super soft by moisturizing it deeply. It also helps moisturize flaky dry scalp and frizzy hair and makes it super soft and manageable.
- Ghee has anti-inflammatory properties that helps reduce inflammation in the body and also on skin if applied topically.
- Ghee nourishes skin and hair! Makes hair very soft and skin very healthy.
RECIPE FOR GHEE OR CLARIFIED BUTTER:
Things you need-
- 1 cup full-fat fresh cream or heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon probiotic powder or cultured curd
In a jar or bowl, add full-fat fresh cream or heavy cream and add in cultured curd or probiotic powder.Mix it well, put a lid on top and keep it in a warm place or on countertop if its summer overnight or for 5-6 hours. You should be able to see the mixture change in texture ad smell pungent.
Add in some cold water and start whipping or mixing you see the butter separating from whey or buttermilk.Separate the butter and melt it on low flame until you get a transparent liquid. This is your ghee or clarified butter.Store it in an air-tight jar and use it as and when required.
GHEE R CLARIFIED BUTTER USES:
- Add a tablespoon of this ghee to black coffee and blend it to make your bullet-proof fat-burning coffee.
- Add some to you regular meals to improve its good-fat content.
- Use it to moisturize your lips, skin, hair etc.
- Can be added to homemade hair masks to add on t its moisturizing and nourishing benefits.
- Use it directly to massage your skin and scalp.