Acne is one of the common skin problems and it is always better to take preventive measures to keep acne and its scars under control. However, if you already have got acne, you need t still use products or remedies that work for you to make them heal quicker without leaving behind any scar or acne marks. If you are looking out for natural remedies to treat acne and its scars, here is how you could use this super effective and inexpensive ingredient- honey!
BENEFITS OF HONEY:
- Honey has great skin softening, anti-inflammatory, pore unclogging and anti-acne properties that helps keep your skin clean and clear.
- Because it is anti-inflammatory, it effectively calms down skin and reduces any redness and red scars gradually.
- Helps dry away blemishes and heal inflamed acne.
- Honey is a natural bleaching ingredient! It also has mild exfoliating properties that unclogs pores and buffs away dead skin layer to reveal a cleaner and clearer skin/complexion.
- It contains natural antibiotics and antiseptics that clear the fungus causing acne.
- The sticky nature of honey helps to remove dirt and grime and adds moisture to both oily and dry skin.
- Honey is also rich in anti-oxidants and has skin healing properties.
HOW TO USE HONEY TO TREAT ACNE AND ACNE SCARS:
HONEY CINNAMON SPOT TREATMENT
In a clean jar or bowl, add 2 tablespoons of raw honey. To this add 1/2 or 1 teaspoon of organic cinnamon powder and mix together nicely. Using a fresh new Q-tip, apply the mixture on acne and scarred area and sleep with it. Wash it off in the morning.
HONEY FACE BUTTER
In a vessel, add 1/3 cup shea butter, 1 teaspoon jojoba oil and 1 tablespoon raw honey. Melt everything on a double boiler or microwave. Let it set and whip until fluffy. Transfer to an easy to use jar and use it all over the face if you have dry skin and only on acne and scars if you have oily or combination skin before bedtime.
HONEY JOJOBA FACIAL MASSAGE
In a bowl, add in 3-4 tablespoons of raw honey add in 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil. Cleanse your skin and apply this mixture onto your face. Massage for good 5 minutes and wipe it off. Cleanse your face and you are done. Do this once or twice a week to keep your skin clear and acne-free and also to heal present acne and scars.
HONEY DETOX WATER
To make your morning honey detox water, you need the juice of half a lemon, 1 teaspoon organic raw honey and 1 cup of water. Warm the water over a low flame and add in honey and lemon. Stir well until honey is dissolved and pour it in a glass and drink first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.