We believe in natural health and beauty care! If you do too, you are at the right place. Honey and cinnamon both are great for your health and also skin care and hair care! Another interesting benefit is that these 2 ingredients are easily found in your kitchen and are super inexpensive! Below are the benefits of these 2 ingredients and different ways to use to for health and beauty-
- Honey is a natural humectant that keeps skin, hair and your body hydrated.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties that helps reduce inflammation in the body and also calms down any skin or scalp redness or inflammation.
- Honey has skin brightening benefits thanks to its tan reducing and natural gentle bleaching properties. It also adds a healthy glow to the skin.
- Helps reduce frizz and makes hair manageable and shiny.
- Cinnamon is an amazing spice that helps boost circulation and promotes hair growth. Because it boosts circulation, it also add a healthy glow to the skin, plumps up the lips and reduces the appearance of fine lines.
- It has great anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties.
- Helps unclog pores, reduce skin texture and prevent skin and scalp acne.
- Cinnamon also has great skin and scalp buffing or exfoliating properties that helps buff away dead skin cells and dandruff flakes.
REMEDIES USING HONEY CINNAMON:
Lip scrub- In a bowl, add 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder and enough honey to make a paste. Gently scrub this on your lips for 30 seconds and wipe off.
Scalp scrub- Cinnamon exfoliates scalp, unclogs pores and follicles, stimulates scalp circulation and boosts growth. READ MORE…
Spot treatment- In a bowl, add 1/2 teaspoon honey and pinch cinnamon. apply this on acne and spots using a Q-tip and sleep with it. Rinse off the next morning.
Toothache remedy – A simple home remedy for toothache is to make a paste using a teaspoon of cinnamon powder with five teaspoons of honey and applying it on the aching tooth.
Bad Breath – Want to stay fresh throughout the day? Mix honey and cinnamon powder in lukewarm water. Gargle with it to have a fresh breathe throughout the day.
Face mask- In a bowl, add 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour, kaolin clay or bentonite clay, whatever that you like. Add in 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder and enough honey to make a paste. Use it as a face mask and rinse off after 15 minutes.
Hair mask- In a bowl, add 1/2 cup green tea, 2 tablespoons honey and 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder. Mix well and apply this thin mixture on hair and soap. Wash off using a gentle shampoo after 2 hours. This helps boost hair growth, detox scalp and fights dandruff.
Cold and sore throat remedy – Take one tablespoon lukewarm honey with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder in a cup of warm water regularly. This process will cure most chronic cough, cold and clear the sinuses.
Weight loss water- In a cup, add 1 cup hot water, 1 tablespoon honey and 1/4 teaspoon of true cinnamon powder. Mix it well and consume while warm on empty stomach.
Try making a ritual of drinking cinnamon milk before going to bed for a good night’s sleep. Get the recipe..
* Caution *- Kindly make sure you are not allergic to cinnamon or honey before you try any of the above remedies.