Facial steaming is quite a well-known skin care step. It helps open pores, cleanse it and keep acne and comedones at bay. Facial steaming is also done to soften skin before extractions. Did you know that hair steaming is also a thing? Just as you do facial steaming before a facial spa or body spa, hair steaming is a part of hair spa too and is beneficial especially if you have product buildup or if your hair is super dry and have stunt or slow hair growth. Below is how you could do hair steaming at home along with its benefits-
BENEFITS OF HAIR STEAMING:
Hair growth – Moist air helps to soften hair cuticles and lift it thereby facilitating better penetration of anything is applied on the hair or anything that you apply after steaming.
Healthy Scalp – Helps in unclogging hair follicles and nourish with whatever you apply post steaming. Unclogged follicles and removal of product build up from scalp and hair makes way for hair growth. The moist heat also helps in encouraging hair growth by improving blood flow or circulation on the scalp.
Treats dry and frizzy hair – Moisturizes hair and scalp and helps treat dandruff that is caused due to scalp dryness and dry weather. Steaming hair reduces frizz and makes your hair sleek and manageable.
Hair Fall – Reduces hair breakage by increasing the moisture content of hair. Also helps in better penetration of treatments used after steaming leading to stronger and nourished hair. READ MORE – TOP HOME REMEDIES FOR HAIR FALL
HOW TO DO HAIR STEAMING AT HOME:
- To do hair steaming at home, you do not need any expensive steaming machine. All you need is a towel, a hair drier and any hair serum, mask, conditioner or light hair oil that you like.
- Wash your hair, as usual, using a mild shampoo and towel dry your hair. Generously apply the hair product on scalp and hair and tie a high loose bun.
- Dip a towel into hot water and squeeze out all the water. Wear the towel on your head like turban making sure all the hair and scalp is well covered.
- Set your blow drier on warm and blow the warm air on towel. Do this for 30 minutes.
- Remove the towel and rinse out the hair product and let your hair air dry.