Shampoos contain silicones, parabens, colour, fragrance and other toxic additives that might be detrimental to your hair health in the long run. Plus, using shampoos, hair masks, conditioner etc. can clog your hair follicles and cause product buildup thereby causing dandruff, loss of hair, lack of hair growth etc. It is important to detox your hair and scalp once every 2 weeks. Try using clay for natural detoxification and hair cleansing:
- Clay is known for its therapeutic properties and has stood the test of time. Since chemicals are absent, clay is a wonderful ingredient for hair care, especially if you believe in natural approach to beautify your hair!
- It is rich in nutrients and minerals.
- It has adsorbent properties and is capable of removing dirt, chemicals and excess oil from hair effectively.
- It helps detoxify by removing toxins and build-up from hair. It helps unclog hair follicles, treat dandruff and reduce loss of hair.
- Cinnamon powder to has detoxing benefits plus it irritates the scalp and improves blood circulation. READ MORE – ACNE FIGHTING GEL FOR CLEAR SKIN
HOW TO USE CLAY TO WASH YOUR HAIR
Things that you need-
- Clay powder: 2 tablespoons (you may have to add more if you have long hair or if your hair is very thick and curly)
- Enough water
- Pinch of cinnamon powder
Method- Blend the clay well so that there are no clumps present. Mix clay, pepper and water in a non-metallic container. Make it a smooth and thin paste, but not runny. Wet your hair. Massage the mixture on your scalp and hair. Saturate your hair with the mixture. Let it sit for at least 2 minutes. Rinse thoroughly in running water.
TYPES OF CLAY YOU CAN USE:
Bentonite clay: This potent clay helps in detoxification, removing oil build-up and adding lustre to your hair.
Rhassoul clay: This clay rich in minerals helps exfoliate hair, remove impurities and treat dandruff.
Fuller’s Earth: Also known as Multani Mitti, this clay is very common and helps remove extra oil while adding volume to hair.
Kaolin clay: This gentle clay, that helps absorb toxins and promote strong hair, is wonderful for dry hair. READ MORE – CLARIFYING SCALP SCRUB for thicker hair
- You may use aloe vera juice or Apple Cider Vinegar instead of water to make the paste, especially if your scalp is very oily.
- Make sure that clay doesn’t dry up in hair while you allow it to sit in course of washing.
- Use ACV hair rinse post hair wash with clay to restore the PH balance to hair.