Toothpowders are back in the trend because they do not contain SLS and other synthetic ingredients like the traditional toothpastes. Tooth powders are nothing but a mixture of good dry ingredients that needs to be mixed with water to make a paste before using or simply using with a wet toothbrush to scrub your teeth and gums. You might find a lot of natural tooth powders commercially, but why spend when you can make your own? Below is a recipe for an easy tooth powder you need to make today!
Organic turmeric powder- Turmeric helps in whitening the teeth, prevention of plaque, bad breath and gingivitis. Turmeric is a staining ingredient but it does not really stain your teeth, in fact it whitens them with regular usage.
Bentonite clay- Bentonite is one of the best natural substances that helps in removing toxins from your teeth and gums thoroughly. It is abundant in calcium, magnesium, and silica, all necessary for healthy enamel.
Activated charcoal powder- Charcoal powder is a well-known teeth whitener. It also absorbs all the toxins, germs and what not from the teeth surface. It also keeps plaque at bay.
Sea salt- Sea salt makes your teeth and gums stronger. It also breaks down plaque and prevents tartar.
RECIPE FOR TOOTH POWDER:
Things you need-
- 1 tablespoon organic turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon pure bentonite clay
- 1 tablespoon activated charcoal powder
- 1 teaspoon powdered sea salt
- In a bowl, add 1 tablespoon each of organic turmeric powder, pure bentonite clay and activated charcoal powder.
- Add in 1 teaspoon of powdered sea salt (ground sea salt) and mix everything well.
- Your tooth powder is ready! Store it in a jar.
To use, take some powder on your palms and dip wet toothbrush in it. Brush as usual.