Make a homemade activated charcoal mask which not only heals the acne, but also clears the scar from the skin. We have made this mask using the Indian clay and activated charcoal to give the extra glow to the skin.
Charcoal based masks are the best, when it comes red rid of acne and scars. The activated charcoal works like a magnet and sucks out excessive oil and other impurities that causes acne and blackheads. Other benefit of activated charcoal is that, they are less drying and does not give a burning sensation like anti-acne ingredient like benzol peroxide. Further, it detoxifies the skin and gives it a glowing look. This also flushes out the toxins and chemicals out of the body so that the body doesn’t reabsorb them. But kindly make sure that to make this mask, use the activated charcoal made from natural sources like coconut shells.
- 3 teaspoons of Indian clay
- 5 teaspoon of charcoal powder
- 3 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of water
Keep in mind: Please don’t use any metal spoon or any metal or any metal utensils in mixing or making this mask just because the metal can decrease some of the benefits of the clay activated charcoal. You can use plastic instead of some metal utensil.
MAKING THE MASK
1. Place the Indian clay, charcoal powder, apple cider vinegar in a small glass bowl. Drizzle 3 drops of water and stir the mixture to combine all the ingredients to form a creamy paste. If you feel the mixture is too dry, then add few more drops of water until your desired consistency is reached.
2. Add the essential oils and mix the ingredients well.
3. Wash your face with clean water and pat dry. Then apply the mask spreading it in an even layer. Make sure you apply the clay to your neck also.
4. Leave the mask for 15 minutes and rinse it with warm water. Wipe your face with a soft cloth and pat dry.
5. Place a lid on the bowl or put the clay mask in a small container as the open air can evaporate the clay mask.
That’s it!! In this article we have provided you with a simple homemade DIY remedy to get rid of acne and scars. Please follow up with sunscreen if you are going out in the skin as the effectiveness of the clay mask can be reduced by the exposed sun.