Staying hydrated is the key to glowing and healthy skin! Apart from drinking lot of water, one needs to consume water-loaded foods too like cucumber, watermelon etc. to maintain clear and glowing skin. Bored of eating cucumbers directly? Below is a recipe for refreshing cucumber water you might want to try-
BENEFITS OF CUCUMBER WATER:
- Cucumbers contain several antioxidants, including vitamin C, beta-carotene and manganese, as well as flavonoids, triterpenes and lignans that are beneficial for healthy skin.
- Cucumber water can help soothe your skin from the inside out. It keeps you hydrated and also helps your body to flush out toxins and maintain a healthy complexion. Cucumbers are also high in pantothenic acid or vitamin B-5, which has been used to treat acne.
- Keeps you cool and hydrated especially in summers!
- Has great detoxing properties
- Keeps skin clear and glowing
RECIPE FOR CUCUMBER WATER FOR CLEAR GLOWING SKIN:
Cut the cucumber in half and slice the two halves into pieces. Put the cucumber slices in the pitcher. Pour water into a pitcher. The amount of water will depend on the size of the pitcher, but a good starting ratio would be two quarts of water to one medium sized cucumber. Cucumber slices will float, so if you desire a stronger infusion put a layer of ice on top of the cucumbers to keep them below the surface of the water. Leave the water to infuse for 2-4 hours before you consume.
You READ MORE – DIY TURMERIC PRODUCTS for clear, glowing skin