Just as you love using natural products and remedies fr your skin and hair and love t eat healthy natural and organic food, did you ever think of detoxing your makeup routine as well? We often forget the fact that makeup too contains harmful ingredients and even if you use natural products for skin, hair and health, you are still using chemical based makeup. Now, you obviously cannot substitute each makeup product to a natural homemade makeup product but you definitely can make some of them if not all! If you want to detox your makeup routine, how about starting first with a super easy eye liner?
- Made with coconut oil that has no side effects and gives your liner a superb texture and shine.
- Is moisturizing and causes no irritation or inflammation to the eyes or around your eyes.
- Charcoal works as an all natural pigment and has no side effects and causes no irritation.
- Fragrance-free, contains no emulsifiers, stabilizers or artificial ingredients.
- Can be used as an eye liner and also on the waterline.
RECIPE FOR COCONUT OIL EYE LINER:
Things you need-
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon beeswax
- 1/4 teaspoon activated charcoal powder
In a microwave safe-bowl, add coconut oil and beeswax. If its winter or if coconut oil tends to solidify naturally at room temperature, you can skip beeswax.
Add in charcoal powder and mix. Melt it in a microwave or double boiler and pour into an easy-to-use jar.
Let it set for 2-3 hours. Use a fine eyeliner brush to apply this liner.