Combine baking soda and vinegar to make paste and using a cloth or sponge or a toothbrush and scrub the inside surfaces of the machine and rinse clean. The paste can be used to gently scrub off the stains on outside surfaces of a washing machine or dryer.
Vinegar and baking soda can be used to thoroughly clean and freshen your washing machine. The acidity in vinegar will disolve any soap residue and will also disinfect the washing machine while baking soda clears soap scum and deodorizes
- Set your washing machine on the hot water cycle at the largest load setting (do not add clothes or detergent) then add three or four cups of white vinegar to the water.
- Allow the machine to run and then stop it for a minute to add a half cup of baking soda.
- Let the machine run for another minute, then stop the cycle and allow the water to sit in the machine for an hour.
- For a front-loading machine, add white vinegar to the detergent dispenser and baking soda to the softener dispenser, and begin the wash cycle.
- After an hour, restart the cycle and allow it to complete. Run another hot water cycle to rinse everything thoroughly.