Chia seeds are one of the well-known super seeds. We use them in just about everything like smoothies, porridge, sweet dishes, soups, gravies etc. Ever thought of using chia seeds for hair care topically? They are great when consumed but when combined with topical treatments, it can do wonders. Did you know that chia seed gel is a great hair growth booster? Below is how you could make chia seed gel along with its benefits:
- Omega 3 fats found in chia seed helps nourish hair follicles and promote hair growth.
- Chia seed has anti-inflammatory properties that help soothe the scalp.
- Zinc is essential to make hair strong and thicker and chia seed gel contains good amount of zinc.
- Chia seed contains proteins that can facilitate hair growth.
- Chia Seed is clinically proven to significantly increase hydration and thus keeps hair healthy, shiny and thick.
READ MORE – OVERNIGHT OIL HAIR GROWTH SPRAY
HOW TO MAKE CHIA HAIR GROWTH GEL:
Things you need-
- 1 cup chia seeds
- 3 cups water
In a bowl, add chia seeds and pour in water. stir well and let the seeds soak in for 2-3 hours. Now, add the seeds with some more water in a saucepan and place it on medium heat. Simmer for 5-10 minutes and strain the gel. Apply this gel on hair and scalp thoroughly after it cools down and let it sit for 2-3 hours or overnight before shampooing. Use once or twice a week.
READ MORE – CLEAR SKIN ALOE FACE MIST