If you want to get healthy and nourished hair sans dandruff and flakiness, try using black seeds (kalonji/onion seeds) as a significant ingredient in your hair care regime. Black seeds, popularly known as Kalonji, is a common condiment in every Indian kitchen. It can be easily incorporated in your homemade hair care recipes so that you can reap the best benefits for your hair.
Why is Black seed good for hair?
The benefits of Black seeds are innumerable. Check out the top five benefits of these eeds for hair:
- It is a natural solution to dandruff.
- It is effective in combating hair fall by strengthening and nourishing the hair roots.
- It contains vitamins and proteins that stimulate hair growth.
- Imparts shine to your hair and also allows your tresses retain its natural colour. It efficiently treats problems related to sensitive scalp.
- It conditions hair naturally and improves the texture of your hair.
READ MORE – RICE WATER HAIR SPRAY FOR DRY DAMAGED HAIR
Things you need-
- Black seeds – 1-2 tbsp
- coconut oil – 2-4 Tbsp
- Peppermint Oil – 2-4 drops
Drink black seeds into a fine powder. Soak 1-2 tbsp of black seeds powder with coconut oil and set it aside for an hour or overnight. During this time the entire mixture will thicken up and become slightly slimy.
Massage the mask on your scalp and hair. Cover your hair with a shower cap and wait for thirty minutes or overnight. Shampoo as usual.
Alternately, you can also make a paste using coconut milk or aloe water to make a paste if you do not want to use oil. You can also use a few drops of essential oil like peppermint oil for added benefits. READ MORE – 2 INGREDIENT AMAZING FACE MASKS for all skin type