Black castor oil is the oil extracted from roasted castor beans by using the heat method. Because the oil looks dark and is extracted from roasted beans, it is called as black castor oil and has more benefits than the fresh castor beans. It has amazing hair growth boosting and thickening properties so if you are someone struggling with hair fall or lack of hair growth, black castor oil can be your best friend! Below are the hair benefits of black castor oil and multiple ways to use it in your hair care regime-
- Black castor oil is a natural humectant that hydrates hair and prevents drying. It also moisturizes hair by sealing in moisture and keeping har looking lively!
- Black castor oil increases blood flow to the scalp and supplies valuable nutrients to hair follicles. This in turn helps boosts hair growth ad makes hair thicker and longer gradually.
- Also helps prevent hair breakage, dandruff and flakes due to dry weather, eczema and dry, itchy scalp.
- Black castor oil works on the scalp and roots more than it works on the length which is why it is a great hair growth boosting oil!
- Improves hair texture, adds shine and reduces frizz.
- Makes hair manageable, softer and shinier.
WAYS TO USE BLACK CASTOR OIL FOR HAIR GROWTH:
HOT OIL TREATMENT-
Warm some black castor oil in the microwave or double boiler and apply it on your scalp and hair. Massage for good 15-20 mins also called as ‘champi’ in India. Cover your hair with a warm towel (towel dipped in hot water) and sit for 30 minutes before you use a shampoo. Do once a week.
To make your own black castor oil hair mask, simply grab fresh aloe leaf and extract its gel. Add the aloe gel to blender and add in black castor oil. For 1 cup aloe gel, add ½ cup black castor oil. Blend until well combined and apply on scalp and hair. Let it sit for 1 hour and wash your hair with a shampoo as usual. Use once or twice a week.
OVERNIGHT SCALP SERUM-
To make an overnight scalp serum with black castor oil, you need ½ cup commercial aloe gel, 5 drops rosemary oil and 2 tablespoons black castor oil. Mix until everything is well emulsified. Apply on scalp and sleep with it. Use a shampoo to wash off the next morning.
BLACK CASTOR OIL SHAMPOO- Has amazing hair growth-boosting properties thanks to its hair nourishing effects. Reduces hair breakage, controls frizz and adds shine. READ MORE..
OVERNIGHT HAIR AND SCALP MIST-
Mix ½ cup witch hazel, ½ cup rose water and 1 tablespoon black castor oil in a spray bottle and shake really well. Spray liberally on scalp and hair and massage. Sleep with it and use a shampoo to wash off the next morning.
READ MORE – OVERNIGHT CASTOR OIL HAIR TREATMENTS