Breakfast smoothies are the new trend and everyone seems to be enjoying it over traditional breakfast of eggs and bread. Breakfast smoothies are very fulfilling provided you add in the right ingredients and are saturated in components because of course, its a blend of ingredients. You might have already tried a variety of smoothie recipes and if you are looking out for a new recipe or simply want to experiment with taste and nutrition, try this delicious banana oats smoothie-
- Bananas are rich in potassium that helps in body’s circulatory system and helps regulate heart beat and water balance in the body. They are high in soluble fiber that helps in bowel movement and keeps digestion in top condition. They also are great energy boosters and if you are someone who lacks energy or feel tired and worked out, bananas can help a long way. Bananas are also rich in iron and also helps with PMS symptoms.
- Oats are rich in antioxidants and help control blood sugar. They are high in soluble fiber that facilitates bowel movements and keeps metabolism and digestion regulated. If you are trying to lose weight, oats can do wonders! It also keeps your heart healthy and reduces bad cholesterol.
- Almond milk is rich in protein and makes a great dairy alternative! It is lactose-free and contains soluble fiber. Doe not spike insulin like the dairy milk and is very low in carbs.
- Flaxseed meal is rich in omega fatty acids and extremely nutritious. Rich in protein and soluble fiber.
- Cinnamon is anti-inflammatory and reduces any inflammation in the body. Also enhances taste and flavor of the smoothie.
RECIPE FOR BANANA OATS SMOOTHIE:
Things you need-
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 medium banana
- 1/3 cup instant oats
- 1 teaspoon flaxseed meal
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
In a blender, add instant rolled oats and blend into fine powder. To the blender add in almond milk, flaxseed meal and cinnamon.Add stevia or honey is required and blend until thick and smooth. Transfer to a serving glass and enjoy! You can also add in muesli and dry fruits if you want.