Mosquitoes are insects that haunt us almost everywhere, anytime and during any season! There is something about the nasty bloodsuckers that make them bite us the most during the night! We do a lot of things to prevent them from entering our home, but they find a way anyhow. You might have tried a lot of mosquito repellent sprays and creams and they do work no doubt, but are you satisfied with the ingredient list? Are you happy with the toxins and chemicals they contain? Of course not! Below is an easy 2-ingredient mosquito repellent spay that you can make and use instead:
- Lavender oil is one of the most popular oils in aromatherapy. It has a number of healing properties and can be used as a bug repellent in a couple of ways.
- Lavender oil is effective at repelling adult mosquitoes and also helps to calm and soothe the skin.
- The fragrance of lavender oil is very calming and rejuvenating to the senses, helping you to get a good night’s sleep.
Things you need-
- 1/2 cup distilled water
- 25 drops pure lavender essential oil
In a bowl, add 1 cup of distilled water and then add 10 drops of pure lavender essential oil to it.
Stir well and pour this into a clean spray bottle.
Shake well before use.
Spray this on your pillow, clothes and also near the windows in the evening to preventing mosquitoes from entering your house.
- Always patch test before use
- If you are pregnant, always consult your doctor before incorporating any essential oils in your health/skin care/hair care routine.
- Never use essential oils directly on your skin, make sure they are always diluted with carrier oil.