Condensed milk is a popular ingredient used in desserts and it has the power to add a great creamy taste to anything you make! Unsweetened condensed milk can be used in desserts as well as spicy gravies and chicken recipes. If you are on a diet that does not allow dairy based condensed milk, here is a vegan and dairy-free condensed milk recipe you need to try today!
RECIPE FOR VEGAN CONDENSED MILK
Things you need-
- 3 cups of almond milk (homemade almond milk recipe here >>)
- Vanilla essence (optional)
- Place a sauce pan on low flame and pour almond milk in it.
- Let it simmer.
- Once it starts simmering, keep stirring to avoid burning until the milk thickens.
- Once the bubbling reduces and milk thickens, let it cook with occasional stirring until the quantity reduces to half.
- Turn off the flame and add in few drops vanilla essence if you want to use it in desserts. Stir.
- Pour the milk in a jar and store it in the refrigerator for a month.
Note: If you prefer it sweet, you can add in 2 cups sugar or any artificial sweetener you like while cooking. Sugar can make your final product light brown.