Body scrubs and turmeric go very well together! Turmeric is great for your skin and when used as an ingredient in homemade body scrub, it can help you achieve flawless and clear skin. Here we are today with an interesting DIY- turmeric body scrub that can be stored both wet and dry, depending on how long you want the product to last! Besides that, it can also be used a facial ubtan/mask.
Coconut flour- Coconut has great skin brightening and moisturizing properties. It also works as a gentle yet effective exfoliant.
Milk powder- Milk powder brightens skin, reduces sun tan, moisturizes skin and reduces acne/body acne.
Turmeric powder- Turmeric has anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and skin clearing properties.
RECIPE FOR TURMERIC FACE AND BODY SCRUB:
Things you need-
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 tablespoon milk powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- Liquid castile soap (as required)
- In a bowl, add 2 tablespoon coconut flour and milk powder each.
- Add in ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add in enough liquid castile soap and mix well.
- Use this to massage and exfoliate your face and body. Use it on damp skin as it is a foaming scrub.
- This should last for a week when stored in the fridge.
- To make the product last for over 2 months, store the dry and wet ingredients separately and mix a small quantity only before using.