Vinegar is a well-known ingredient for beauty and health and is widely used for a lot of homemade recipes and commercial products too. Vinegar has an ability to extract potent goodness from natural ingredients and this makes it a great extraction solvent. Tomato vinegar is great when it comes to skin care, hair care and health; below is how you could make your own-
- Helps brighten and lighten complexion.
- Lightens dark spots and pigmentation on skin.
- Keeps skin clean and clear.
- Balances pH of scalp and skin.
- Adds healthy shine and volume to hair.
- Can be used in salads and food recipes to add in extra nutrition and taste.
RECIPE FOR TOMATO VINEGAR:
Things you need-
- 2 cups white vinegar or apple cider vinegar, whatever you prefer
- Handful sun-dried tomatoes
In a jar, add vinegar and toss in sun-dried tomatoes. Do not use fresh tomatoes as it has greater water activity and can cause spoilage of the final product.
Put an air-tight lid and place it in the dark for about 3 weeks.
Strain and your tomato vinegar is ready!
WAYS TO USE TOMATO VINEGAR:
- Use it as a toner, in homemade face mists and masks.
- Use it in homemade hair masks, shampoos or as a last hair rinse.
- Can be added in a lot of food recipes and also as a salad dressing.