Soups make a great pre-meal or also when you have cold and cannot just eat anything. Als, soups are pretty easy to prepare and are highly nutritious because a lot of vegetables go in saturated and end up consuming a lot of them obviously because it is a liquid form! Here we are with an easy and delicious red lentil soup which is lightly spiced and get for winters! also, it is super creamy and will satisfy your taste buds.
Things you need-
- 1 1/2 cups red lentils soaked in water (30 minutes prior to preparation)
- 2 medium sized tomatoes, diced
- 2 medium sized onions, diced
- 3 medium sized carrots, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- Salt as per taste
- Red chili powder, 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- Handful Kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
- Yogurt and coriander leaves for garnishing
- Place a saucepan or any deep vessel on medium flame and add in butter or oil.
- Add in onions, tomatoes, carrots, lentils (along with water) and ginger garlic paste.Give it a quick stir and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add in black pepper powder, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and dried fenugreek leaves. Mix it well and add some water if you feel its too thick. Let it cook until everything gets mushy and soft.
- Turn off the flame and let the mixture cool down.
- Blend everything together for a creamy and smooth texture and your soup is ready!
- Pour in serving bowls and add a good amount of yogurt, few drops lemon juice if you like and some coriander leaves on the top!