Rice water is widely used in Korean skin care. It has great skin care and hair care benefits and is suitable for all skin/hair types. Rice water is mildly fermented before using it and can be used as a facial toner, hair mist, in homemade hair and skin masks. Below is a recipe for homemade skin purifying rice toner-
- Cleanses pores and purifies skin.
- Keeps acne, blemishes and clogged pores at bay.
- Brightens skin and lightens sun tan.
- Improves skin texture and shrinks enlarged pores.
READ MORE – GINGER HAIR MASK FOR HAIR FALL AND THINNING HAIR
Things you need-
- 1/2 cup organic white or brown rice
- 1 cup filtered water
In a jar, add rice and pour in water. Make sure the rice is previously washed and is organic.
Put a lid and store it in a warm area for 3-4 hours. If its winter, Keep the jar Near the heater to maintain its warm temperature.
Strain the water and pour it in a spray bottle. Use it as a regular face toner twice a day. Store it in fridge because you do not want to ferment it further.