Body scrubs are important when it comes to a perfect skin care routine because exfoliating skin of course is important! When we talk about skin care, it isn’t only about your facial skin; your body needs equal care. There are tons of body scrubs available in the market- both high end and drugstore brands but they all contain chemicals right? How about making your own body scrub that is cheap and works even better than most of the body scrubs available commercially? Below is an easy 3-ingredient body scrub recipe you need to try ASAP!
Sea salt- Sea salt contains skin beneficial minerals and nutrients that keeps pores unclogged and adds a healthy glow to your skin.
Olive oil- Olive oil is a natural skin moisturizer and penetrates skin because of the exfoliating action of sea salt keeping skin well hydrated and soft throughout the day.
Rosemary essential oil- Rosemary essential oil has great skin benefits. It keeps body acne at bay, and has anti-inflammatory effects that reduce any skin inflammation. Also it is anti-microbial that heals/prevent any skin infection.
RECIPE FOR SEA SALT BODY SCRUB WITH ROSEMARY
Things you need-
- ½ cup sea salt (if you sea salt flakes, you might want to grind them for a second or two)
- 1/3 cup olive oil (or coconut oil or sweet almond oil, whatever you have at the moment)
- 10 drops of rosemary essential oil
- In a mixing bowl or container, add sea salt and add in olive oil.
- Give it a quick mix and add in 10 drops of rosemary essential oil.
- Mix thoroughly and store it in an air-tight container.
- Use it before using a shower gel so there is no oil residue left on your skin.
- Always patch test before use
- If you are pregnant, always consult your doctor before incorporating any essential oils in your health/skin care/hair care routine.
- Never use essential oils directly on your skin, make sure they are always diluted with carrier oil.
- Always use organic ingredients to avoid clogging pores and other skin issues.