We all desire healthy and beautiful looking tresses but factors like pollution, excessive use of heat treatments, product build-up etc. can damage your hair and make them rough and frizzy. There are a lot of products available in the market that claim to repair damage and make your hair healthy but natural ingredients always work the best! Fermented rice water is long known for its skin and hair benefits and it can repair your hair damage and make them soft and silky! Below is how you could make and use fermented rice water-
- Fermented rice water helps balance the pH of your scalp; keeps it that way for a few days until you use it again.
- The fermented rice water is anti-microbial in nature that keeps hair and scalp healthy.
- It also adds a healthy shine to your hair, reduces frizz and repairs damage gradually.
- When used regularly, it also adds a bounce to your hair and prevents hair fall, thinning and dandruff.
RECIPE FOR FERMENTED RICE WATER FOR HAIR:
Things you need-
- 1 cup washed organic rice (brown or white, whatever you have)
- 4 cups of filtered water/distilled water
- In a bowl, add washed rice and pour in 4 cups of distilled or filtered water.
- Mix and cover it with plastic film or a lid.
- Keep it at room temperature overnight or for 24 hours.
- Strain and pour it in a spray bottle. It should smell sour.
- To use, spray the fermented rice water n scalp and length of your hair. Keep it for 1 hour and then use a mild shampoo.
- Use this once a week.
Note: Always make fresh rice water and do not store it further as it will get pungent and spoil.