Hot oil treatment or simply called as ‘champi’ in India is an amazing way to deeply nourish your hair and scalp. Because the oil is warm, it penetrates the follicles and give better results. Also, hot oil works great with a scalp massage and if you are looking out for a hot oil recipe, below is one:
Olive oil- Makes hair soft and silky, nourishes scalp and hair and reduces frizz. Boosts hair growth.
Cocoa butter- Deeply nourishes hair follicles and adds a healthy shine to your hair.
Sweet almond oil- Reduces frizz, softens hair, boosts hair growth, reduces dandruff.
RECIPE FOR PRE-SHAMPOO HOT OIL TREATMENT:
Things you need-
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cocoa butter
- 1/3 cup sweet almond oil
- In a microwave safe bowl or saucepan, add olive oil, almond oil and cocoa butter.
- Microwave it until the cocoa butter melts and the oil is warm. If you are using a saucepan, heat the oils on a double boiler.
- Add in few drops of any essential oil or essential oil blend that you like. If you have normal hair, use lavender oil, for dandruff and scalp acne use tea tree oil or peppermint oil, for overall hair health, use citrus essential oils.
- Stir and apply the warm oil on your scalp and hair and massage for a few minutes.
- Let it sit for 1 hour before hair wash.