Body washes are something I prefer over soap bars since they are easy to use and carry around. Also, body washes are fairly easy to prepare at home unlike soap bars provided you have all the necessary and easily available ingredients. Here we are with a very easy body wash recipe for a cleaner, softer and refreshed skin that is made using simple ingredients:
Peppermint oil- Peppermint essential oil has skin cooling and anti-inflammatory properties. It also has great anti-microbial properties that keep skin infections and body acne at bay.
Tea tree oil- Tea tree oil keeps skin clean and clear.
Vitamin E oil- Vitamin E oil has skin moisturizing properties. It also works as a preservative in the recipe.
RECIPE FOR PEPPERMINT-TEA TREE BODY WASH:
Things you need-
- 1 ½ cup liquid castile soap
- ½ teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil
- 5 drops tea tree essential oil
- Liquid soap colorant (non-toxic), optional
- In a bowl, add liquid castile soap and vitamin E oil.
- Add in peppermint essential oil and tea tree essential oil.
- You can add in some liquid soap colorant if you want to, I used green color.
- Mix it gently and pour the mixture in a pump bottle.
- Use it as you would any body wash.
- Always patch test before use
- If you are pregnant, always consult your doctor before incorporating any essential oils in your health/skin care/hair care routine.
- Never use essential oils directly on your skin, make sure they are always diluted with carrier oil.
- Always use organic ingredients to avoid clogging pores and other skin issues.