Toners make an important part in any skin care routine and if you suffer from oily skin issues and acne, toners work great because they help cleanse pores thoroughly. There are a lot of toners available commercially but they often contain alcohol and toxic ingredients. Here is a tried-and-tested homemade toner that can help clear up your acne effectively:
Parsley- Parsley helps cleanse the pores, draw out all the unwanted toxins, control oiliness and inhibit acne-causing microbes. It also helps improve skin texture and heal acne at the earliest.
Apple cider vinegar- Apple cider vinegar helps balance skin pH and inhibits acne-causing causing microbes.
RECIPE FOR PARSLEY TONER:
Things you need-
- Handful fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- In a mortar pestle, add parsley and make a fine paste.
- Add in little water and strain.
- Combine the extracted parsley juice and apple cider vinegar in a bowl and add in water. Stir.
- If you do not have a mortar pestle or simply want to be quick, add all the ingredients in a blender and blend it. Strain.
- Pour the toner in a spray or pump bottle and use it twice a day on cleansed face with cotton pad.
- Store the toner in fridge for up to 4-5 days.