Body acne is a common problem these days thanks to tight clothing we wear, dandruff, pollution, lack of body care or simply genetics. Body acne is comparatively easier to get rid off than facial acne because body skin isn’t as sensitive as facial skin. Body acne can leave behind dark spots and redness that can restrict you from wearing specific clothes, if body acne is bothering you, try oatmeal scrub- recipe below:
Oats- Oats has great skin calming and cooling properties. It has anti-inflammatory properties that calm down any skin inflammation and redness. His makes it an effective treatment for body acne. Oats flour is a very gentle exfoliator that helps buff away dead skin cells.
Peppermint oil- Peppermint essential oil is anti-microbial and cooling at the same time. It treats acne and inhibits acne-causing bacteria. It also has great pore unclogging properties.
Raw milk- Milk has skin calming properties. It also nourishes skin, softens and brightens it. Raw milk has great anti-acne properties too.
Apart from healing acne, the scrub also is effective for treating and preventing skin rashes, redness, psoriasis, eczema, poison ivy reaction, sun burn etc.
RECIPE FOR OATS BODY SCRUB:
Things you need-
- ½ cup oats flour (Homemade oats flour >>)
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil
- Diluted raw milk (50:50 ratio)
- In a bowl, add oats flour and diluted raw milk. Add milk as per requirement to achieve spreadable consistency. If you have dry skin, you can use undiluted milk.
- Add in peppermint essential oil and mix well.
- Apply the mixture on your skin and gently massage before using any soap or shower gel.
- Use the scrub as soon as it is made, do not store it in the fridge.
- The scrub is safe to be used on face as well.