Hand sanitizers are an awesome invention that can be used to sterilize your hands on-the-go! I feel it is a must product in your hand bag because you never know when you might need to wash your hands, and water cannot always be accessible. Commercial hand sanitizers contain alcohol that can make your hands dry. You can easily make your own alcohol-free hand sanitizer and below is an easy recipe:
Aloe vera gel- Aloe vera gel works as a great skin moisturizer and sanitizer. It is antimicrobial in nature that instantly kills germs.
Witch hazel- Witch hazel has great disinfecting properties. It also combines essential oils with aloe vera gel.
Essential oils- Tea tree, peppermint and rosemary essential oil are all antimicrobial in nature and have instant disinfecting properties. They also work as preservative.
RECIPE FOR ESSENTIAL OIL HAND SANITIZER:
Things you need-
- 3 tablespoon aloe vera gel
- 1 tablespoon witch hazel
- 3-4 drops tea tree essential oil
- 2 drops peppermint essential oil
- 2 drops rosemary essential oil
- In a mixing bowl, add aloe vera gel followed by witch hazel.
- Add in each essential oil one after the other.
- Mix well and store the mixture in a tiny bottle with nozzle.
- Use it on-the-go just as any other hand sanitizer.
- Always patch test before use
- If you are pregnant, always consult your doctor before incorporating any essential oils in your health/skin care/hair care routine.
- Never use essential oils directly on your skin, make sure they are always diluted with carrier oil or mixed with other ingredients.