We use a lot of products in our skin care regime- facial oil, serums, essence, toner etc. and most of us usually forget the eyes area. It is important to care for the area around your eyes as soon as you hit your 20s to prevent dark circles and wrinkles in the future. Good quality eye creams and the ones that really work are very expensive (as per my knowledge and experience!); you can make a simple eye cream at home itself using only readily available ingredients to keep your eye area healthy. Below is a recipe for all-natural eye cream-
Coconut oil- Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer and keeps the eye area healthy. It prevents skin drying that is often the cause behind early fine lines.
Vitamin E oil- Vitamin E oil adds a boost of moisture and nourishment too your skin. It also works as a preservative in the recipe.
Frankincense oil- This oil helps prevent/reduce dark circles, reduce the appearance of puffy eyes and smooth out fine lines and prevent it as well.
RECIPE FOR NATURAL EYE CREAM:
Things you need-
- 1 tablespoon organic and raw coconut oil
- 3 drops of vitamin E oil
- 2 drops of frankincense oil
In a bowl, add softened coconut oil and 3 drops of vitamin E oil.
Add in frankincense oil and mix well.
- Pour the mixture in a tiny jar that can be used t store your eye cream. Place it in the fridge to set.
- If the weather is hot or humid, you can store the jar in fridge to maintain texture.
- Use the ring finger to apply a small amount of eye cream under your eyes before bedtime.
- Always patch test before use
- If you are pregnant, always consult your doctor before incorporating any essential oils in your health/skin care/hair care routine.
- Never use essential oils directly on your skin, make sure they are always diluted with carrier oil or mixed with other ingredients.
- Be careful not to get the oils directly into the eyes.