Mouthwash is essential after brushing teeth since it cleanses every nicks and corners and also freshens breath. Mouthwash that contains natural ayurvedic ingredients like clove have additional anti-microbial properties. The ones you get in the market contain alcohol and a lot of menthol that causes burning sensation which is quite uncomfortable. Here is a recipe for natural ayurvedic mouthwash that you can easily make at home and is alcohol-free!
Cloves- Cloves have great anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties. It helps prevent/treat plaque, cavities and tartar. It also thoroughly cleans the food and bacteria stuck in nicks and corners.
Peppermint essential oil- Peppermint essential oil refreshes and freshens breath. It also has great anti-microbial properties.
RECIPE FOR MINTY CLOVE MOUTHWASH:
Things you need-
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoon cloves
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil
- In a saucepan, add water and cloves.
- Let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and let the mixture cool down a bit.
- Pour it in a bottle and add in few drops peppermint essential oil.
- Shake well before using.
- The mouthwash stays good for 2 weeks at room temperature (non-humid).
- Always patch test before use
- If you are pregnant, always consult your doctor before incorporating any essential oils in your health/skin care/hair care routine.
- Never use essential oils directly on your skin, make sure they are always diluted with carrier oil.
- Always use organic ingredients to avoid clogging pores and other skin issues.