Mint extract is used in a lot of recipes and here is simple DIY on how to make it
You will need –
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 1/2 cup of vodka
- Collect your fresh mint leaves. Wash it and allow it to dry so that it does not add extra water to your alcohol.
- Remove the leaves from the stems, and discard the stems.
- Place the leaves in a mason jar and crush the leaves lightly to resale the oils and fill the jar with vodka.
- Cover the jar with the lid and give the jar a good shake.
- Place the jar in a cool, dark place for about a month, gently shaking it daily to mix everything up.
- Strain out the leaves and pour the extract into a jar.
Use the mint extract in your favorite recipes and also makes a good gift to your loved ones.