If you regularly wear makeup, you probably know the importance of using a makeup setting spray! It sets all the dry powders on your face and makes it look flawless and last long. Commercial makeup setting sprays are expensive and contain a lot of unpleasant ingredients. Below is a recipe for makeup setting spray that you can make at home with all the skin-friendly and skin-beneficial ingredients; The spray adds moisture, softens the skin, and locks in makeup to make you look fresh all day.
RECIPE FOR MAKEUP SETTING SPRAY:
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon witch hazel (skin sanitizer, prevents pore clogging, works as preservative)
- 1 tablespoon organic aloe vera juice (sets makeup)
- 1-2 drops Lavender oil (optional)
Using a funnel, combine water, witch hazel, and aloe vera juice in a small glass spray bottle and mix well.
Add Lavender essential oils and shake until combined.
To use, spray over face three to four times after applying makeup. Shake well before each use.
- Always patch test before use
- If you are pregnant, always consult your doctor before incorporating any essential oils in your health/skin care/hair care routine.
- Never use essential oils directly on your skin, make sure they are always diluted with carrier oil or mixed with other ingredients.