Summers are finally here and this is the time of year most of us hate, especially those who live in humid weathers. Summers can cause dehydration, acne and other skin issues due to heat and humidity, etc. Staying hydrated is the one stop solution to keep summer acne, body odor and colds at bay. Here is a lemongrass detox water recipe that can keep your body cool and well-hydrated:
Lemongrass- Lemongrass has great anti-inflammatory properties that cools down body inflammation. It also works as an immunity booster that keeps summer colds and their skin infections at bay. It cools down body and prevents heat acne.
Lemon- Lemon refreshes the body, cools down body temperature and also works as an immunity booster.
Ginger- Ginger works as an immunity booster that keeps summer skin and body issues at bay.
Coconut water- Coconut water has a cooling nature and works amazing in keeping the body hydrated. It also is a great source of minerals and nutrients.
RECIPE FOR LEMONGRASS DETOX WATER FOR SUMMERS:
Things you need-
- 2 cups coconut water
- Handful lemongrass (fresh or dry)
- 2 lemons sliced/wedges
- 2 inch ginger sliced
- In a mason jar or serving glass, add lemon grass roughly torn.
- Add in sliced lemon and ginger.
- Pour in coconut water and stir.
- Chill the water for about 4-5 hours and sip throughout the day.
- You can also add in cucumber and mint leaves, if available.