Aloe vera is used in a lot of skincare, hair care, and healthy recipes. It is one of the best skincare and hair care ingredients! Aloe vera oil is available commercially and is certainly expensive. Below is how you could make your own aloe vera oil using fresh aloe leaves-
BENEFITS OF ALOE VERA OIL:
- Has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties.
- Helps soothe sun burn, heal body acne, heal dryness.
- Helps boost hair growth, fight dandruff and treat as well as prevent scalp acne.
- Makes your skin and hair healthy.
READ MORE – TURMERIC SLEEPING GEL FOR CLEAR SKIN
Directions- Grab a fresh organic aloe leaf, wash it thoroughly and dice it. Blend the aloe cubes into a smooth paste and add it in a saucepan and add in a carrier oil. Put it on a double boiler and let it simmer until oil changes color and the gel becomes clumpy. Turn off the flame and strain.
Let it cool down and store it in an air-tight jar in the refrigerator for up to a month. Add in essential oil of your choice for added benefits. READ MORE – OVERNIGHT RICE WATER FASTER HAIR GROWTH SPRAY
WAYS TO USE ALOE VERA OIL:
- As a per-shampoo hair oil treatment
- As a hair mask 2 hours before hair wash
- As a body massage oil
- As a facial cleansing oil
- Can be mixed with salt and used as a body scrub
- As a topical treatment to soothe sun burn