Aloe vera is used in a lot of skin care, hair care and healthy recipes. It is one of the best skin care and hair care ingredients! Aloe vera oil is available commercially and is certainly expensive. Below is how you could make your own aloe vera oil using fresh aloe leaves-
BENEFITS OF ALOE VERA OIL:
- Has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties.
- Helps soothe sun burn, heal body acne, heal dryness.
- Helps boost hair growth, fight dandruff and treat as well as prevent scalp acne.
- Makes your skin and hair healthy.
RECIPE FOR ALOE VERA OIL:
Things you need-
- 1 whole aloe vera leaf
- 1 cup carrier oil
Grab a fresh aloe leaf, wash it thoroughly and dice it. Add the aloe leaf in sauce pan and add in carrier oil.
Put it on a double boiler and let it simmer until oil changes color and becomes turbid.Tturn off the flame and strain.
Let it cool down and store it in an air-tight jar in refrigerator for upto a month. Add in essential oil of your choice for added benefits.
WAYS TO USE ALOE VERA OIL:
- As a per-shampoo hair oil treatment
- As a hair mask 2 hours before hair wash
- As a body massage oil
- As a facial cleansing oil
- Can be mixed with salt and used as a body scrub
- As a topical treatment to soothe sun burn