Face masks play an important role when it comes to effective skin care routine. They add a boost of nourishment and solutions to specific skin issues. You get a lot of face masks commercially but they often come with a price, homemade face masks are very easy to make and are super cheap and also very effective! Below is how you could make a honey-lavender face mask to brighten up your skin and improve skin texture:
Honey- Honey is a natural bleaching agent and humectant. It brightens up your skin and keeps it plump and moisturized.
Almond oil- Almond oil helps heal acne scars, dark spots and also brighten up your skin.
Lavender essential oil- Lavender essential oil works great in healing scars and open pores on the skin. This thereby improves skin texture.
RECIPE FOR HONEY LAVENDER FACE MASK:
Things you need-
- 1 tablespoon raw and organic honey
- 1 teaspoon almond oil
- 2-3 drops lavender essential oil
- In a mixing bowl, add honey followed by almond oil and lavender essential oil.
- Give it a good mix and your honey-lavender face mask is ready!
- Apply a thin layer on cleansed skin and let it sit for good 15 minutes. Rinse it off.
- Use the mask every 2-3 days.
- Always patch test before use
- If you are pregnant, always consult your doctor before incorporating any essential oils in your health/skin care/hair care routine.
- Never use essential oils directly on your skin, make sure they are always diluted with carrier oil.
- Always use organic ingredients to avoid clogging pores and other skin issues. Also, organic ingredients give the best results!