Commercial spray-on deodorants are a big no-no for me because of the alcohol content and other toxic chemicals in it that can cause under arm darkening. Deodorants contain irritants that cause your underarm to become dark; also they aren’t safe in a long run. Have you ever considered making your own spray deodorant that is free of any toxic chemicals? If you haven’t, its time you try making this homemade deodorant which is super easy and keeps you odor-free without the risk of skin irritating or darkening:
RECIPE FOR HOMEMADE SPRAY-ON DEODORANT:
Things you need-
- ½ cup witch hazel (anti-microbial)
- ¼ cup aloe vera gel (anti-microbial, skin soothing and anti-inflammatory)
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda (keep armpits odourless, dry and fresh)
- Few drops lavender essential oil (fragrant)
- In a mixing bowl, add witch hazel and aloe vera gel. Preferably use store bought aloe gel because it contains preservative to make your final product last longer. If you want to use homemade one, the product will last maximum 2 weeks in the fridge.
- Add in baking soda and essential oil. Mix well and pour in a spray bottle.
- To use, shake well and spray directly on arm pits.
- Always patch test before use
- If you are pregnant, always consult your doctor before incorporating any essential oils in your health/skin care/hair care routine.
- Never use essential oils directly on your skin, make sure they are always diluted with carrier oil.
- Always use organic ingredients to avoid clogging pores and other skin issues. Also, organic ingredients give the best results!