Shaving gels and creams are necessary because shaving on dry or simply powdered skin can make your skin even drier and prone to nicks and cuts. If you are someone who loves natural and homemade products, you are at the right place! After sharing our moisturizing shaving cream recipe, here we are with a sharing gel recipe:
RECIPE FOR HOMEMADE SHAVING GEL:
Things you need-
- 1/3 cup commercially available organic aloe vera gel (nourish, soften skin and hair, hydrate)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (smooth shave, soften hair and skin, moisturize)
- 5 drops tea tree oil (anti-microbial)
- 3 tablespoons of any skin-friendly liquid soap (foaming agent)
In a bowl, add aloe vera gel, coconut oil and tea tree oil. Make sure you are using commercially available aloe gel because it contains emulsifiers.
Mix until well combined and turbid. Add in castile soap/face wash/soap and gently stir until everything is mixed well.
Store the product in an air-tight jar. To use, simply massage a small quantity of the gel on wet skin before shaving.
- Always patch test before use
- If you are pregnant, always consult your doctor before incorporating any essential oils in your health/skin care/hair care routine.
- Never use essential oils directly on your skin, make sure they are always diluted with carrier oil.
- Always use organic ingredients to avoid clogging pores and other skin issues.