Rose water is a well-known beauty ingredient and is widely used in skin care and hair care. Rose water also is used in a lot of Indian recipes, gulab jamun being one of the popular Indian desserts that use rose water! Most of us already use rose water as a skin toner and facial mist but the ones you find commercially also contain preservatives or other fragrant ingredients. Also, commercially available rose water isn’t cheap. You can easily make your own organic rose water at home for cheap:
BENEFITS OF ROSE WATER FOR SKIN AND HAIR:
- Rose water unclogs pores, hydrates skin and makes a great makeup setting and prepping spray.
- Rose water also softens skin and brightens it with time.
- It also is observed to reduce darkness under the eyes and lighten dark spots on face.
- Rose water effectively helps control oiliness.
- Apart from being a great skin benefiter, rose water also softens hair, adds shine to it and reduces frizz.
- Not to forget, rose water adds a nice fragrance to your hair.
RECIPE FOR HOMEMADE ROSE WATER:
Things you need-
- Handful rose petals
- 1 ½ cup water
- Grab 2 organic roses and pluck all the petals. Make sure you then wash the petals. It is important to use organic roses to make sure they are free of pesticides because the rose extract is going to sit on your skin (if used on skin) and you do not want to clog your pores.
- Place a saucepan on medium heat and add in rose petals and water.
- Put a lid on the pan and let the rose petals cook for about 20-30 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and let the mixture cool down to room temperature.
- Strain the mixture and your rose water is ready!
- Store it in the fridge for about 2 months and use it in your beauty regime.