Roses are long known for their skin and hair beautifying properties. Rose extracts are included in a lot of commercial products these days but you cannot really depend on them for best results because of the fact that they contain other synthetic and toxic ingredients as well. Rose oil is a great product that can directly improve your skin and hair, and below is how you could make one yourself:
- Rose oil has astringent properties that help strengthen the roots of the hair, thereby promoting hair growth. It also gradually improves skin tone and texture.
- The oil makes hair softer and silkier and since it smells great, the scent stays on for hours, making it a great natural perfume for your hair.
- Rose oil makes great facial oil for oily skin because it helps balance oil secretion. It helps to promote an even skin tone and a healthy complexion.
- Grape seed oil has great skin and hair moisturizing properties. It keeps your hair frizz-free and also helps to make your skin soft and clear.
RECIPE FOR HOMEMADE ROSE OIL:
Things you need-
- Handful of organic rose petals (1-2 roses)
- ½ cup grape seed oil (if you do not have grapeseed oil, you could also use sweet almond oil, olive oil or coconut oil)
Pluck rose petals from roses and roughly tear them. Clean the petals thoroughly with water and then add them in a jar along with grapeseed oil.
Place the jar (with lid) in a water bath on a medium flame for 15 minutes.
water bath. Once the water and oil cool down, keep the oil infused in dark place for 24 hours or a week.
You can strain the rose petals from the oil but it’s good to keep the rose petals infused in it to make the oil stronger over time.
To use, apply on hair before bedtime as an overnight treatment or 2 hours before hair wash. For skin, this makes a great overnight facial oil. Massage a few drops on your body just after shower for glowing skin.