Do you always get irritated and inflamed skin after shaving? That is mainly because your skin isn’t well moisturized and is prone to inflammation from shaving process. This is when pre-shave oil comes into play! Basically, pre-shave oil softens hair and moisturizes skin giving a smooth shave without any friction, nicks or cuts. Pre-shave oils are quite pricey but you can make it yourself too! Below is a recipe:
Coconut oil- Coconut oil softens and nourishes hair and skin and prepares it for a smooth shave.
Castor oil- Castor il is thicker than coconut oil and intensely moisturizes skin and hair and also prevents skin drying post-shaving.
Things you need-
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup castor oil
- 10-20 drops essential oil
- In a bowl, add coconut oil and castor oil.
- Add in 10-20 drops of any essential oil of your choice and stir.
- Pour the oil in a pump or spray bottle and your pre-shave oil is ready.
- To use, take a few pumps/sprays and massage it on the area you want to shave. Follow up with a shaving cream or gel an shave as usual.