Peanut butter or any nut butter in fact makes a great breakfast ingredient! Simply have it with a toast or put it in your smoothies or cooked oats. Peanut butter can also be added in variety of cakes and breads and makes a great replacement for butter in homemade cakes etc. Also, it is rich in protein and can be made sugar-free by simply skipping a sweetener in the recipe! Without much ado, let us head on to the recipe:
RECIPE FOR HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER:
Things you need-
- Little salt
- In a vessel, roast the peanuts.
- Let them cool down for about 5 minutes, peel off the skin and toss them in a blender.
- Add in a pinch of salt if you like and blend on high speed.
- The peanuts will form dry powder initially but as you continue blending, it releases oil and gets creamy.
- At this point, you can add in honey if you want it to be sweet and blend until creamy and well combined.
- Store your homemade peanut butter in an air-tight jar!
Note: You can also add in nutella to make a chocolate variety, cinnamon, nutmeg etc. for added flavors.