Baking is fun, moreover baked goods are delicious. If you are weight watcher, you probably miss having baked cakes, cookies, breads etc. because of that one unhealthy ingredient- self raising flour! Self-raising flour or simply ‘maida’ (as we call it here in India) gives an amazing texture to your cakes and cookies but it isn’t really healthy ad takes longer to digest. There are a lot of healthy flour options out there in the market like almond flour, coconut flour, oats flour, etc. and they are very expensive. You can easily make oats flour at home and below is a guide on it:
RECIPE FOR OATS FLOUR:
Things you need-
- Organic rolled oats
- Grab a blender and add in rolled oats. Rolled oats are perfect for making oats flour because they blend to a very fine flour consistency.
- Begin blending the oats. You will achieve lumpy looking mixture. Stop blending and scrape off the sides and blend again.
- Blend until the flour is super fine and as per the desired consistency.
- Your oats flour is ready!
- Store the flour in an air-tight container/jar and use it as a substitute to any flour in cooking and baking.