If you are lactose intolerant or if your diet doesn’t permit dairy or milk, you probably have already tried a lot of milk substitutes. Some of the popular milk substitutes that are readily available are almond milk, cashew milk, soy milk etc. If you are bored of using these substitutes, you can try oats milk which is extremely easy to prepare. Below is a recipe for oats milk:
RECIPE FOR HOMEMADE OAT MILK:
Things you need-
- 1 bowl rolled oats or oats flour (whatever is available)
- 2 cups water
- Grab a blender and add in rolled oats or oats flour.
- Add in water and blend everything until well combined.
- You can add in more water if the mixture gets too soggy but do not add in a lot of water or the final product won’t have any taste.
- Once you are done blending the mixture, strain it. Do not forget to squeeze out all the liquid from oats residue.
- Your oats milk is ready. You can add in vanilla essence and sweetener if you want to have it straight.
- Skip any essence or sweetener if you want to use this in recipes as a milk substitute.